The Right Companion For The Journey

     "Strength and dignity are her clothing, and she smiles at the future.  She opens her mouth in wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue."  Proverbs 31:25-26

    
Who doesn't want that perfect companion to journey with, down the path of life?  I doubt anyone could honestly say that they wouldn't.  I know that I do!  What should this "perfect person" be like?  What qualities should they possess?
     Today, I would like to focus my attention on the qualities of the woman.  For the guys, I'm going to share with you the type of woman that God says to look for.  Ladies, here is the type of woman that you should want to strive to be.  We all have our "requirements list" of whom we are looking for.  What should we really be looking for and what are the most important qualities that we should hope to find?
     For starters, read Proverbs 35:10-31.  Scriptures say that men should seek a woman that would do him good and not evil (vs. 12).  She takes joy and pride in her work (vs.13).  She tends to the needs of her household (vs. 15) and uses her earnings wisely (vs. 16).  As you read on, this passage tells that the woman should be a caregiver.  She is willing to lend help to those in need and does so with an open heart. 
     The key component is found in the latter part of verse 30.  "But a woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised."  First and foremost, she is a child of God.  A grounded faith is her foundation.  Consistent and unshaken morals are her character. 
     I am blessed to be continuing my journey with just such a woman.  She inspires me to be everything that God wants me to be.  She is a guide to me, when I tend to get a little off track.  Not only does she care about my life, she cares about my soul.  That is a deeply woven love, provided by God, that cannot be matched.
     Ladies, may you endeavor to become the woman that God intends for you to become.  Guys, may you be searching for these qualities in a woman that will walk with you, in God's path; not try to pull you away from it. 
     With the right companion to hike down life's trail way, both of your lives will become more enriched over time.  Sure, you both will age.  Those steps may become a little slower but, the journey continues.

1 comment:

  1. I am so blessed to be on this journey with you! Great words of wisdom!

    ReplyDelete