Difficult Travels

…Whoever serves is to do so as one who is serving by the strength which God supplies; so that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belongs the glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.” 1 Peter 4:11

Have you ever suffered? I know we have all suffered physical ailments, financial problems, personal worries; but, have you ever suffered for your faith? I have. I have suffered by the hands of those that would fail to acknowledge God in all things. The apostle, Peter, understood suffering for his beliefs in the divine. This suffering should be a challenge to be conquered.

Now I LOVE a challenge! Do you? Any time I have prepared to go to another hiking adventure, I study the trail maps. I look for the trails marked “moderately difficult” or “challenging”. Hey, there is NO FUN in me finding an easy, wide path to walk on. After all, I go to hike, not stroll! It’s the paths that you walk up to and have to pause for a minute to decide how best to get through the obstacles. This is called FUN! It’s also the road to Christianity. We will face these paths. When you come to these points, you have a moment to decide: go back and take that easy trail, or keep moving ahead and facing the challenge. You want to come out stronger? Move forward. Don’t wuss out and look for the easy way. Matthew tells us that there are to paths to take and where they both lead (Matt. 7:13-14).

Through your faith, and God’s grace, you can face any challenge that comes your way.

No comments:

Post a Comment