About This Blog

The great outdoors has always held a deep connection to me.  Whether exploring the woods at my grandparents’ orchard in Newgulf, TX. or, fishing on Lake Livingston and Limestone with my daddy; that love for the outdoors never died.  It was part of me, no matter where I was.

For a great many years, I had begun to lose touch with that connection.  Between my college years and work, I found myself spending less time around God’s blessed land.  I had to do something, and fast.  So, five years ago, at the age of 35, I set my mind toward a new mission: to hike the trails in as many of the state parks that I could.  Let me tell you, Texas offers some exceptionally beautiful natural sites.  I have been to several and have found something new and wondrous at each one.  What I didn’t expect to find was even more spectacular.

I started these adventures to get away from the every day hustle and bustle.  I need a place to rejuvenate my mind.  Little did I know that my soul would also be rejuvenating, as well.  As I would be out on the trails, amongst the beautiful trees, rocky inclines, and crystal clear rivers; my mind would turn to the magnificent Creator that made all of this that surrounded me.  I realized that I was just getting away from all of the business that life brings.  I was also blessed with spending some one-on-one time with my Heavenly Father.

Inspirational Navigations will allow you to share in my journey to become closer to God and gain a deeper understanding for His Word.  It is my hope and prayer, this will help you to take up your own staff and continue your own journey with God.  He is waiting at the trailhead to guide you.

Then Jesus said to His disciples, “If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me.”  Matthew 16:24

No comments:

Post a Comment