Still Standing




If indeed you continue in the faith firmly established and steadfast, and not moved away from the hope of the gospel that you have heard, which was proclaimed in all creation under heaven, and of which I, Paul, was made a minister.”  Colossians 1:23

Yes, as a person that supports the Republican views, (meaning more conservative-based thinking that focuses on firm Bible-based values and a governing head that SERVES the people) it disgusts me that the Liberal society wants to silence a television sit-com, just because the theme is based on more conservative and Christians views.  Curiously, no one seems to be complaining about the ABUNDANT amount of t.v. shows or movies that promote more liberal and even un-Christian values!  I’m not knocking every Democrat out there.  I believe that many people of the Democratic society are just as unhappy with the more Liberalist views that have branched off from this political party.

It may ruffle some feathers to reveal that God is the ultimate definition of conservative.  Think about it, before you totally go blind to reading further.  God sent a part of Himself, to serve on Earth for the people (John 3:16, 1 John 4:9).  Backbone of the conservative (or Republican) government build; which is currently used in our government, regardless of the political party of the President.  God is unchanging, which also defines a traditionalist (1 Samuel 15:29, Malachi 3:6, Hebrews 13:7-9). 

Again, I am NOT attempting to attack another’s view.  I am simply trying to show a place where two political parties DID share the same point of view.  Today, that common ground has been trampled on, obscured, and completely obliterated.  Jesus made choices that were very unpopular with many people, including government officials.  Did that stop Him?  Thank His Father that it didn’t!  Consider what would have happened if Jesus kept quiet, or allowed the opposing party to silence Him!  Think about what would NOT be waiting for us, after our mortal lives have ended!  No glory!  No eternity!  NO GIFT OF SALVATION!  Not an ending that I would look forward to.

I am proud for the firm spiritual foundation that was instilled in me.  While I have stumbled plenty, I have resolved to gain firmer footing in the quest that God has laid before me; becoming stronger with each step I take.  I am not wanting to convince everyone to “become conservative”.  I am asking them to embrace the unchanging values that IS GOD and to not try to silence those that support the good Christian values that God’s Word teaches us.  The second thing that I am asking:  If you don’t like a particular t.v. show, CHANGE THE CHANNEL!  I don’t like or agree with plenty of Hollywood media that hits the airwaves but, I turn it off or watch something else.  I can still find some good, value-based entertainment out there. 


As for Tim Allen, his fellow cast members, producers, etc.:  Thank you for giving us a series that returns to showing that Godly values are still appreciated and accepted by His people!  

No comments:

Post a Comment