To The Stars



    "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do, he will do also; and greater works than these he will do; because I go to the Father."  John 14:12

     Why is it that mankind reaches a point, in which they say, “Enough!  I’m not going any further!”?  What causes humans to no longer care about trying to excel in life and just decide to coast along?  Does it seem to you that, after making outstanding accomplishments, we just decided to stop?

     I should have been alive during the events leading up to the lunar missions!  I LOVE that part of history, and I dare say that I know it as well, maybe even more than most that were alive during that time.  What was so great about it?  We did the near impossible!  Think about it!  Until it happened, we had no way of knowing that we could even do it.  What came about, was extraordinary.

     Take a moment to ponder this.  We created spacecraft, suits, computers, all of the hardware needed.  We converted rockets, once used for weapons of mass destruction, into mighty launch vehicles.  We even built a “car” for riding around on the moon’s surface.  Come on now!  Who says that the human mind is beneath the combination of exacting skills and imagination?  Take a moment and look at the photos, a small compilation from several of the Apollo missions.
 
 

     The skills and knowledge that were required to accomplish this feat, is all but antiquated now.  I look around and I see people that no longer care to strive to climb new heights.  We sent TWELVE humans to the moon!  In a strange, new territory they went.  For short times, they LIVED up there!  They had a “house” to live in.  They’d wake up and go to their “job”.  They had a vehicle to take them to work.  They did what the average “Joe” did, just on a new frontier.

     Does this astonish anyone else, besides me?  Through every documentary I watch and every historic book that I read, I AM AMAZED!  The excitement of something new and daring!  The grandeur of exploring a “new world”.  The faith in God, for the skills that He gave to thousands, in order to pull this event off!  It just makes me say, “WOW!”

     What happened to that drive?  Why did everyone just stop?  It saddens me, when I think that we have never attempted to continue in their footsteps.  We stopped trying to work for a common goal.  Mankind has suffered in a lack of divine faith. 

     Don’t stop growing, family and friends!  God wants us to continue to climb new heights.  He wants us to face new challenges.  He wants us to never cease in learning.  Continue to grow in your lives, with your family.  Most importantly, continue to grow in your spiritual life.  Don’t let go of those stars!

     And looking at them Jesus said to them, "With people this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."  Matthew 19:26

1 comment:

  1. Great inspiration to see what has happened in our past and what can happen in the future! I think there are still people who strive to do good with all God has given them and take things to new levels, but for the majority...I agree.

    ReplyDelete